It's Been a Good Day

I don't typically post on good days, it just doesn't seem like there is as much to say.  I have that dreadful dead feeling and lack emotion but none of the bad things, anxiety, depression or anger have invited themselves into my day, so I'm going to just share a little.

Today my boy turned 4.  He awoke to getting Happy Birthday sang to him and has been a true pleasure all day.  We opened gifts yesterday morning along with a mini chocolate cake while my husband was here, so it was scrambled eggs and bacon and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast this morning for his special treat.  He will have a party with family and his school friends next week.

My daughter (7) and I made 3 new slimes to add to her vast collection and otherwise she has spent the day playing with her new Christmas gifts.  She's getting to a stage where she likes to entertain herself, so I'm really missing the snuggles and look at me's from her.

It's -1 outside and we haven't left the house.  We have been having movie marathon between meals and slime making and it's a great day for it.  The boy has been snuggling me and it's nice to feel warm and cozy inside and out.

I am feeling very grateful today, and wish that I could have more days like this.  It makes me fearful to go to sleep because I never know what tomorrow will bring.  I am anticipating some negative feelings because the kids will go to my husbands house tomorrow, and I will be in the house alone -- that often gives me a "let down" and depressed feeling.  I'm going to try to stay positive and maybe see if I can find someone to go out with for a bit for New Year's Eve.  If not the cold weather is a great encouragement to lounge with blankets and TV.

Best wishes to all of you for the new year.

#goodday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Will the Black Cloud Pass?

Choose Your Mood..... Well Kind of.

Vacation Let Down