Sometimes Plans Fail

I had one of my meds increased last week and I have been feeling much more stable.  So far this week has been pretty smooth as far as my mood swings go.  Until yesterday, but there was a reason so I still think I overall was doing well mentally.

It was my sons 4th birthday party and we had rented a venue to have the party, he woke up at 6:30AM and began throwing up non stop.  Finally at 9:30AM after talking with my husband we made the call to cancel the party.  I was bawling, I had put so much work into the party I was so disappointed and couldn't control my crying.  My son continued to throw up until I took him to the ER at 1:00PM.  They had to give him fluids through and IV and Zofran to stop the vomiting.  At this point I then felt like a total selfish asshole for even thinking cancelling a party was a big deal.

It's crazy how I can lose my shit over plans failing but I'm calm cool and collected when it comes to the serious stuff.  Mom mode just kicks in and you do what you have to for your kids and you stay strong so they can.  He handled everything like a champ and even got a gift from the nurses since he missed his party.  At the end of the day, I'm blessed to have my boy back to himself, happy and on the way to healthy.

#kids #stable #bipolarproblems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Will the Black Cloud Pass?

Choose Your Mood..... Well Kind of.

Vacation Let Down